The JV boys basketball game has been canceled for tonight.
Varsity will start at 5:45 at Red Hill. Bus will leave at 4:30.
The Richland County School District is amending the 2021-2022 school calendar. There will be no school on Wednesday, November 24th with a 2:00 pm dismissal on Tuesday, November 23rd. This school day will be added to the end of the school year. The last day of the 2021-2022 school year will be Thursday, May 26th.
The Olney Tiger Athletic Office wants to inform you that on Friday, November 12, 2021 there will be a Meet the Tigers night for boys and girls basketball, wrestling, and cheer programs. The members of the boys and girls basketball team, wrestling, and cheer will be announced at 6:00 pm prior to the girls basketball scrimmage and the boys basketball scrimmage. Doors will open at 5:30 pm.
Entrance for winter sporting events will be on the south side of the school and the doors entering into the commons. Please adhere to the local health department guidelines. Masks MUST be worn inside Richland County High School.
The RCCU1 special board of education meeting on Wednesday, November 3 at 5:00 pm will not be live streamed due to a large portion of the meeting being conducted in closed session.
Today's High School Girls Golf Match @ Mt. Carmel has been cancelled due to heat. No rescheduled date as been set. #PoweroftheUnit
2021 - 2022 Back to School Letter
RCHS is very proud to announce that Mr. Powell is the RCHS ERFAE Teacher of the Year 2021. Congratulations Mr. Powell! Very well deserved!
School dismisses one hour early on Thursday, June 3rd. Have a great summer!
Just a few reminders for graduation tomorrow. There is general seating available on the track and on both sides of the grandstand in the gravel area. We have some chairs but you may want to bring your own. Students are required to wear masks. Ladies, we suggest wearing comfortable shoes and not heels.
GRADUATION PRACTICE CHANGE:
We are pushing our start time back to 10:00 tomorrow. All Seniors need to meet in the theater at 10:00 a.m.
Here is the layout of the field for graduation this Sunday. Please remember a few things:
- Only ticketed guests will be allowed into the grandstand.
- GA seating is General Admission. Some chairs will be available, but guest should plan to bring their own.
- Facial coverings and proper social distancing are expected of all. Please be courteous and respectful of others.
- All guests will be entering through the SE gate of the track or the gate on Lincoln St. near the restrooms.
- Handicap parking and drop off for those with mobility issues is available near the SE entrance to the track.
RCHS Graduation Ceremony Information:
- Start time is 3:00 p.m. on Sunday. Gates will open at 2:00 p.m.
- Students will be parking in the student lots to the south of the high school. Guests are encouraged to park in any of the lots around the school.
- Handicapped guests and those with mobility issues can be dropped off at the SE entrance to the track.
- Handicap parking will be available near the SE entrance to the track and seating will be available on the track.
- Only those with tickets will be allowed into the grandstands. There will be general admission seating on the football field and the track.
- General admission guests should plan to bring their own seating.
- All guests will enter through the SE entrance to the track.
- The ceremony will be livestreamed. Check the school website and Facebook page for the link the day of the ceremony.
Please call the high school office if you have any questions.
The RCCU1 Board of Education is reviewing the name of the theater of the newly renovated Richland County High School. During the renovation, the classitorium was razed and replaced with a smaller theater. A board committee will accept public comments about a possible name for the theater. Comments will be accepted online at https://forms.gle/WqZqNqTdo5nPrSBv7
until June 11, 2021.
Portraits from the Senior Awards program are in. We have the jpg files that can be shared. If you would like to have the file(s) emailed to you, please contact the high school office.
Seniors and Senior Parents:
The Richland County High School Class of 2021 Graduation Ceremony is coming up soon! The event will be on Sunday, May 30th at 3:00 pm on the RCHS football field. Caps/gowns and graduation tickets will be distributed to the students during the week prior. Each student will be receiving four (4) tickets for the graduation program. These tickets will be used for admission to the grandstands. Anyone else wishing to attend may stand or sit in the open areas around the grandstand and track. The gates for the graduation ceremony will open at 2:00 pm and tickets will be collected at the stairs to the grandstand.
In the case of inclement weather, the ceremony will be moved to Ron Herrin Gym. Only those with a ticket will be allowed into the gym. RCHS will not be checking for vaccinations. Only ticket holders will be allowed into the gym. All others can watch via live stream on Youtube.
Graduation practice will be held on Friday, May 28th. We will begin by meeting in the Richland County Performing Arts Center at 9:00 a.m.
All graduation attendees are reminded that they will be expected to follow current health guidelines. Seniors are also reminded that fees that are still owed, are your responsibility. This must be taken care of by May 28th in order to participate in the graduation ceremony.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the high school office.
Pickup a Free Breakfast and Lunch at RCHS on Monday, May 17th.
Pickup time is from 10:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. You may pick up your meals in the Bus Drop Lane, no sign-up necessary. Any Student is welcome!